Tuesday, November 02, 2004

What an insane day!!!

Got up, dressed, and got Frodo off to school. Then I went and voted. It was so AWESOME to see so many people out to vote! I only had to wait in line for 10 minutes, unlike other stories I hear of people waiting for HOURS. Wow.

Then I decided to go geocaching. I figured not only would I enjoy it, I would also get fresh air and exercise and I would be away from tvs, radios, computers.... No media to tell me any crap that might be going on today. Just me and the outdoors. Only downside - it rained yesterday. I found a deep puddle today. I think my left boot will be dry by January....

We had the fish funeral today. OMG, did that fish smell AWFUL. I almost yakked. We packaged Dexter the goldfish up in an empty check box lined with tissue paper and had some of his pretty fish tank rocks in the bottom. We buried him under the new pine tree we planted this fall. Frodo took this little statue (that used to be in the fish tank until the fish grew too big) and put that on top of the grave. It's a shark holding a sign that says "No Fishing". Frodo cried. And I cried for Frodo.

I am completely avoiding all election coverage until 10pm when I can watch the local news. Or maybe I'll just wait until tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home