Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I feel ill.

Maybe it's the Halloween candy I've been eating. Maybe it's the crummy weather. Maybe I'm even coming down with something. But mostly, I feel ill over the presidential election.

Obviously, I am not a Bush supporter. I have my reasons and I won't bore you with them. But I am just frightened in regards to the direction our country may now be taking. I am frightened that other countries must think we are the dumbest lot on the planet for re-electing a bully. I am frightened that terrorists will take this as a *dare*. I am frightened for my economic future. I am frightened for Frodo's future. I am frightened in the same way that one is frightened when riding in a car with a driver who is inattentive, reckless, incompetent and/or drunk.

I know that not everyone agrees with me. At least half the country doesn't agree with me! But I also know that the other half of the country DOES agree with me. So I have a glimmer of hope. I hope for peace. I hope for safety. And I hope for better days to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home