Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Busy Me

I had a busy weekend and beginning of the week!

Friday night after work, I went with a friend to go look at a house she was thinking of buying. It was a cute little house with a great price. The house looked GREAT!

Saturday, the same friend and I went to the home improvement stores. I'm never one to turn down trips to the home improvement store! I bought a new electric drill. It works great! I'm funny in the way that I'm a girl that gets excited over power tools. My next purchase will be and electric mitre saw. :) Anyhow, my friend wanted to price some things out for this house she wanted to buy. We had fun.

Sunday, hubby and I FINALLY got a little work done on our basement. We ripped out the old bar that was in there. Demolition is fun! Sunday afternoon we went to my nephew's birthday party. I got to see my dad there. He looks like he's been beaten with a 2x4. He had bruises and scrapes all over. After having the one fall and breaking a couple ribs, a few nights ago he got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and fell in the bathroom. He's now walking with a cane to help keep his balance. He's only 60, but he looks and acts 90. His 84 year old mother is in better shape than he is. His mind was clearer than it has been though. My sister talked to him about signing for her to have healthcare power of attorney. He agreed. She also completed all the paperwork to get him into the VA system for further care. The only thing missing is his military discharge papers. Dad couldn't find them anywhere. So they requested a copy from the government and will get them in a few weeks. Then on Sunday night, we helped the above mentioned friend write her offer to purchase on the house since it was a for sale by owner. I must say, she and I did a good job! :) Future career? (Nah...)

Then as I was getting ready for bed on Sunday night, I laid down in bed and it suddenly felt like the bed flipped over. That happened a few times over 10 minutes and then I fell asleep. I worked on Monday, but all day I felt a little *off balance*. When I woke up Tuesday I felt fine. So I decided to finally tape up some plastic in the basement so I could get to work on painting the ceiling. I got it all up, came upstairs to get changed into painting clothes, flipped my head over to get my hair all tucked up into a baseball cap, and *boom* - another big dizzy spell. I made it to a chair and sat for awhile, then fell asleep for an hour. When I woke up, I felt ok. Hubby and I got the ceiling painted and I had no more problems with the dizziness. Looks like I have to be very careful not to flip my head over, eh? I've done some online searching about this dizziness and it's sounding like Meniere's Disease. I'll just keep an eye on it and be careful.

Now I'm off to play in the school library and hopefully get more work done in my basement later!

4 Comments:

At 7:18 AM , Blogger Melanie said...

What a fun weekend, minus the dizziness.

 
At 9:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I wanted to go to the Home Improvement store too and you never called.

I hope the dizziness goes away!!!!

 
At 8:06 PM , Blogger Mel said...

The dizziness is gone today. So weird. (I'm knocking on wood right now....)

And Priscilla, I didn't think you'd want to make the trip all the way up here to go to the home improvement store. ;)

 
At 7:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

well there is that. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home