Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Aaahhh.... A peaceful Tuesday morning

I like having a school age child. I get up, take him to school, and I get the rest of the day to myself. (At least on the days I don't work!) The sun is out today after quite a few cloudy days in a row so that is pleasant.

I'm doing some housework today, and if you know me, you know I HATE housework. I'd much rather be mowing or raking or gardening or hiking or something outside! I just feel all cooped up when I'm stuck inside. Besides, I hate how cleaning and laundry is such a short lived thing. It seems I clean and within 20 minutes there's dust and dirty clothes again. Grrrr.

I get to go see my *drug dealer* today. That's what I call the doctor that prescribes me my meds, lol. You see, I've had depression for almost as long as I can remember and only after becoming a mom did I finally do something about it! (It's surprising I even lived long enough to become a mom.) I don't do the therapy route - I tried, it just doesn't seem productive to me, lol. One therapist taught me about how depressed people "awfulize" things and that's about the only thing I learned to deal with. I HAVE had some hard times growing up, but they are part of what make me who I am today, and I'm pretty darn happy with who I am (most of the time at least, lol). I'm not a victim at all. Being a victim just puts one into a dangerous, neverending cycle. I just take my daily meds and I do fine. I feel like a normal human being when I take them. What a concept, eh?

Damn dryer buzzer. It's such a nag!!!! ;)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home