Wednesday, May 03, 2006

You would think...

...that since my job is in pediatrics, and I spend a fair portion of they work day giving immunizations to babies and children, that when it's time for me to get a shot, I'd be cool about it.

I'm not.

I HATE getting shots.

And tomorrow, I have to get one. There's a mumps epidemic here in the midwest, and seeing as I've only had one mumps shot, I'm considered not immune, so I need a second shot. (I actually had a blood test done about a dozen years ago that showed I wasn't immune to mumps, but the medical staff blew it off as no big deal since "nobody gets mumps anymore". Ha! Were they wrong!)

I bet I could have a sucker from the special box when I'm done though. And I better get one of those cool Snoopy bandaids and not one of the sucky plain brown ones!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home