Thursday, March 30, 2006

All the money has been spent

Wow. That went fast. We got our tax refund (yay for e*file!) and after dad died, my sisters and I got to split what was left of a retirement account he hadn't completely raided to buy booze. (He'd drained it seriously over the past few years since he hadn't been working.) He didn't have enough money to force the account into probate, so it went to us instead of paying for bills. So hubby and I earmarked the above money for a couple things - a new roof and a trip to Disney World. :D

The roof is done and paid for. The trip to Disney is booked and paid for. Then we also needed to pay for my trip to Vegas for my baby sister's wedding this summer. I've got the flight paid for, but the hotel isn't yet. But since three of us are sharing a room, it won't be much. Now I just need to come up with a little gambling money, and that will be set too. Oh! And our annual trip to the cabin in Minnesota - instead of mailing them just the deposit, I mailed a check to pay for the whole thing so that's taken care of now too! I feel so blessed to have that all taken care of and paid off!

I can't believe how much traveling I'm doing between April and July this year! Mid-April, when Frodo is on spring break, we're headed to a waterpark hotel. (Frodo won a free night's stay at the school carnival raffle last year!) Then end of April is the trip to Disney. Mid-June is the trip to Minnesota. Then Mid-July is to Vegas for the wedding. I think I could get used to a traveling lifestyle. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home