Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I'm home!

(If some of you reading this also know me from a message board, this will sound the same. I did a cut and paste because I'm too tired to keep typing over and over, lol.)

I was up early on Monday morning and in the clinic by 6:30. (Yikes! Early!) I got checked in, put in a room and in a gown, doodled on, and had an IV set up. Things moved along pretty quickly and I was in the OR. Next thing I know, I'm waking up in recovery feeling all groggy, but not nauseous at all as they had given me some meds ahead of time to avoid that. (Yay!) I was told all had gone well and that I had around 5 pounds of breast tissue removed. (Yay again!)

After relaxing in the recliner for awhile, I decided I needed to get up and use the restroom. The nurse walked me there, I used the toilet and the next thing I know, I hear all sorts of yelling. I had passed out, lol. So they put me back in the chair to rest and waited. Unfortunately, it kept happening every time I would get up. (It's called a vasovagal episode - some of you may be familiar with it if you know someone who passes out when getting blood drawn or getting a shot.) So instead of going home around noon yesterday, I ended up in the hospital for observation for until I could use the restroom without passing out and came home at 1:30 today. I have Vicodin so I'm a pretty happy camper, lol.

Just thought I'd update y'all. I'll be back later. I'm going to go rest for now. Thanks for all your thoughts and well wishes! :)

3 Comments:

At 3:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

CRAP attack of the blog spammers. I am glad you are home and doing well.

 
At 6:35 AM , Blogger Mel said...

LOL. Must be because I have the word "breast" in my post. ROTFLOL. At least the stuff the spammers leave isn't really crude or anything. Still irritating nonetheless.

 
At 8:39 AM , Blogger Melanie said...

I wanna see pictures...ROFLMAO

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home