Monday, January 09, 2006

I kinda like Mondays...

Before you have me committed to an institution (although, I might like the break!) for saying that, let me explain. I normally don't go to work on Mondays. So after a weekend of limiting my computer time so as not to neglect little Frodo, I enjoy Mondays where I can send him off to school and do whatever I want guilt free. (Well, ALMOST guilt free.)

Our anniversary was yesterday. Hubby and I have been married 12 years now. We met at the end of our senior year of high school, dated for 4 years and lived together for 2 years before getting married. That's 18 years all together. Wow. Half my life. And actually, half his life too since he's only a couple months older than me. We did nothing to celebrate this year. Usually we try to do the dinner and a movie thing, but hubby had to work yesterday. We'll just have to have a date another time. He did get me some yellow roses though. They are my favorite. :)

I'm supposed to meet a friend for lunch today. We haven't seen each other in a long time. She was the maid-of-honor in my wedding. We just don't have as much in common anymore. She got married just a few years after I did, but my life took the motherhood path and hers has taken the career path. It's not that we disagree on things, it's just that by going down different paths, we don't have as much in common anymore. Such is life. It's strange how life is like that though.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yellow roses are my favs too.. Happy Belated Anniversary

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home