Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Three cheers!!

Three cheers for the light box!! Hip hip hooray!

I tell ya, I wasn't sure this would do the trick for me. I waited on upping my meds until I could give the light box a try so I'd know if it would work. As I said in my last post, I'd had it a couple days and wasn't sure it was helping. But after 4 days of using it every morning, I was starting to notice a difference. I wasn't as short tempered. I didn't feel like I had to nap all afternoon. I wasn't craving junk food all the time. I have more energy. I'm even sleeping better. It's such a weird transformation for me. I don't feel like I need to up my meds now. I'm just shocked. I truly am! (We'll see how things are when it's PMS time though!! LOL!!!) In the past with my depression, I DID notice an uptick of the symptoms each year in fall/winter, but I never made the connection.

My doc also had me read a book called, "Winter Blues" by Norman E. Rosenthal, MD. It's been very interesting. If you're interested in more information about the book or SAD, you can visit the author's website here. Or just ask me. I'm happy to share my own info, or even find other links for anyone as well. (I think I was a detective in a past life, lol.)

So instead of dreading the new year and more winter until the groundhog lets us know otherwise, I'm looking forward to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home