Sunday, February 19, 2006

Does anyone else think...

...this year's Olympic medals look like nicely painted CDs?

I've finally seen something of the Olympics. Until tonight, I hadn't stopped to watch one moment of it. Tonight I was *blessed* to see some ice dancing, some speed skating, and some bobsledding. Maybe not blessed....

It's so funny how the Olympics is edited anymore. (Brace yourself for one of the "when I was a kid..." moments!) When I was a kid, I remember when the Olympics was going, you saw nothing BUT the Olympics on television. But then again, those were pre-cable days too, so the network running the Olympics didn't have a ton of competition. I liked watching it that way. If I wanted to watch downhill skiing, I didn't HAVE to watch something else as well. And I got to see all the competitors, not just a select few the network decided to show.

I do prefer the winter Olympics over the summer Olympics. I think the winter events are much more interesting. At least for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home