Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Yawn!

I was soooooo tired yesterday I couldn't keep my eyes open! Thank goodness I didn't have to work because I would've been completely useless. I pretty much slept the whole day. I have the comfiest couch. :D

I babysat *the monsters* on Sunday for 7 hours and I didn't even feel like I needed to drink a whole bottle of tequila when I was done! *The monsters* are my nieces and nephew - Barfy Baby (11 months), Angel Child(3 years), and Demon Spawn(7 years). Usually an hour or so with them and I'm ready to head home and hit the liquor.

Right after their parents left, AC had a mini-meltdown. I think she wasn't feeling well or something. She curled up on a recliner, covered her head up with a blanket, and let me know she wanted to be left alone. Then she fell asleep for an hour.

Once she woke up, it was time for BB's nap, and she went down very easily for me. So AC and DS and I watched the movie Madagascar while she slept. She woke as the end credits were rolling.

Then DS started complaining about a headache. And I had noticed his voice sounded funny earlier.... A sound I call "strep voice". He spiked a fever of 104 and I dosed him up with ibuprofen and had him lay down. He fell asleep for awhile. While he slept, BB and AC and I went to the basement and played with some toys and with AC's "Dora" computer game. While I was holding BB, I thought she felt warm.... I'm glad I brought some Purell with me. I used a LOT of it.

Basically, one of them was always asleep. And since the two older kids weren't up to their usual level of activity, they weren't picking fights with each other the whole time and therefore, the day was much more peaceful.

That evening, my sis took DS to the urgent care clinic where the doctor there didn't think he had strep since he wasn't complaining about a sore throat. My sister insisted on a throat culture. Turns out he had strep throat. I tell ya, sometimes those urgent care docs don't know what they are doing. ;) I haven't worked 10 years in peds for nothing! Hee hee.

Then the next morning my sis took BB to the pediatrician since she was feverish and very fussy and it turned out she had a double ear infection. I wonder what AC will come up with. ;)

I figure I was so exhausted yesterday as my body was busy fighting off all the germs I was exposed to the day before! LOL!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home