Monday, May 15, 2006

Maybe he's trainable...

Hubby and Frodo messed up for my birthday last weekend. And they didn't do so hot for Mother's Day either. (The day progressed to a point where I stomped outta the house, cursing about the "ungrateful brats" that live here. Plural. As in Frodo and Hubby.) But at least Frodo is adorable, and has a teacher that forces him to make a Mother's Day card. Here's what the front says:


Mom
Weird but funny
Caring and loving
Happily
Mom


I'm trying to decide if this is a third grade version of haiku. I thought it was cute. But I'm "weird"? I already know that. I don't need a 9 year old reminding me. (And so it begins..... "Mom, could you just drop me off a block away? I can walk there from here.")
Then the inside of the card melted my heart. He swears he wrote it on his own, and it's not a copy from someone else or something the teacher wrote on the board:


Dear Mom,
You are the best mom I could ever wish for. You are the best! I love you more than anything. Happy Mother's Day.


This from the boy who flat out refuses to verbalize the words, "I love you" to his mom. This card goes in the keeper box.

Please pass more tissues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home