Wednesday, January 05, 2005

We have a snowblower for a reason....

I *try* to get hubby to split the chores with me a bit. (Bits of this information are all for other posts on other days. This is the first.) He's allergic to grass, so I mow. The trade off is that he's to shovel snow in the winter. (He has the MUCH better end of the bargain than I do! I have to mow MUCH more often than he has to shovel.) The first winter in our house he insisted on buying a snowblower. Ok fine. I have a lawn mower instead of those little handheld electric shears, he could have a snowblower instead of a shovel.

That first winter, he used the snowblower. A lot. Since then, when it snows, he usually shovels instead. Whatever. His choice.

We finally get the first snow of this winter starting yesterday. (Happy Dance!) This morning, there is a few inches on the ground and the snow is letting up, so I try to start the snowblower and it won't start. I try again. It still won't start. So I end up shoveling. Then I go about my day of helping at the school library, going to a staff meeting at work, etc...)

It snows more during the day today. After I get home from bringing Frodo home from school, I try to start the snowblower again. It still won't start. I figure, "hey, maybe the spark plug is old and it needs a new one". So somehow, I actually know how to get the old one out (don't know why I know that) and go buy a new one and install it. (I'm that kind of gal. I like that kind of work and challenge. However, I do NOT like the work and challenge of a pile of laundry or a layer of dust. I just haaaaaate doing that kind of stuff. I'm not your Donna Reed type. I think I've mentioned my aversion to domestic *crap* in the past. But in case you missed it, I can sum it up briefly: I hate cleaning. I hate laundry. I hate cooking. Back to our regularly scheduled program....)

After installing the new spark plug, it still won't start. I begin to get irritated. I tried. And tried again. So I came inside and told hubby it was his turn to tackle it. He gives me this look like, "what the hell am I gonna do about it???" I tell him he's not *getting any* if he doesn't start acting like a manly-man and go fix the automatic power equipment and get the snow up since it's his damn chore anyhow!" He decides to give it a shot. (Wise choice.)

After multiple attempts, and a call to his dad who comes bearing gifts of knowledge and starter fluid, the snowblower is running! I'm just glad hubby used the snowblower instead of just leaving it and using the shovel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home