Monday, December 20, 2004

Winter used to be great!

Here's one of those "when I was a kid" things, lol.

When I was a kid, I remember having snow in the winter. Not this crapola we've had the past few years around here. I remember being able to make a snowman, build a snowfort, and just play in the snow for hours. Now all Frodo knows about winter is that it's fucking cold with hard, frozen ground and dead plants everywhere. Sheesh. The kiddo will be 8yrs old this spring and has never been able to build a snowman because of lack of snow. If we do get snow, it's just that fluffy, powdery stuff that doesn't stick together, or else it's waaaaay too cold for any living creature to be outside. What's up with that?!?!?!?

I had to go out and buy more long underwear for hubby so he doesn't freeze to death at work. The poor guy was working in -25ºF windchills the other night and one pair of long underwear didn't quite cut it under his uniform. (No kidding! I could've told him that...) It will be fun for him to learn how to deal with working outside in the cold. ;) I bought him one of those hats we call a "Fargo" hat. (Did you see the movie? Then you know what I'm talking about - one of those fuzzy on the inside hats with ear flaps.) He wouldn't wear it. He gets too worried about how things look. Well honey, if it's that cold, NOBODY looks good, lol. And if they look good, they're a human popsicle.

Frodo asked for long underwear as well, so he got some too. The kiddo has had PLENTY of *indoor recess* time the past few years because of the bitter cold we've been getting. Ugh.

I think I'll ask Santa for some snow this winter. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home