Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Feeling Depressed

I hate this time of year. Christmas is done, my house is a mess, and the weather sucks. And this year I'm in a funk I just can't quite seem to shake.

I'm sure a big part of it is being stuck in the house the past week or so. I just CAN'T sit still and watch tv or a movie. I'm restless. I don't even want to read much. I'm just BLAH. So I've been eating lots of chocolate (you should see the pile of Hershey Kisses wrappers) and getting myself unwound and to sleep each night with a glass of wine or a cocoa with butterscotch schnapps. (Hmmm... Which one will it be tonight??)

I tried getting out today and going for a hike. Since Frodo is off school this week, he came with me. Of course, he had to complain half of the time. (Sigh. I guess at least the other half of the time he didn't complain.) He'll be back to school on Monday, so as long as I can hold out until then, and it doesn't drop to 20 below by then, I'll go for a good, long hike on Monday.

Don't get me wrong - I DO take anti-depressants and am *much* better than I used to be about keeping tabs on my feelings and moods. I do know that if this lasts more than a couple weeks it's time to head back to my drug dealer for an increase in my meds (don't worry - he's a doctor with a license and it's all legal - just my humorous name for him). But for right now, I just feel like having a pity party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home