Sunday, May 01, 2005

It's May!!

Woo Hoo!!!

I've always liked the month of May. The flowers bloom, the trees get leaves, the grass gets green and lush, the weather warms up. Except for today. It's in the 40s and it snowed a little at noon today. Mother Nature is obviously having fun screwing with the weather around here the past few weeks.

As a child, I would celebrate May Day with my mom by taking little paper cups and create a handle for it with a pipe cleaner. Then we would fill the cups with popcorn, small candies, and violets and hang those cups on friends' doors. Then we'd ring their bell and run away. Where I grew up, everyone knew about May Day and did the same. But living here, it's completely different. No recognition of it at all. I wonder why.... Where I grew up (at least the place I consider *where I grew up*... I moved A LOT) is less than 200 miles from here.

Happy May Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home