Friday, April 15, 2005

About three weeks ago...

...I took Frodo in to the doctor because I knew he had strep throat and needed it cultured and treated. While we were there, the doctor listened to his lungs and said, "he also has pneumonia." What???? He's hardly coughing! But the doc could hear it. Sledgehammer doses of Zithromax and a couple days later, Frodo is feeling pretty good.

Fast forward to about 7-10 days ago, and Frodo starts having some spring allergy symptoms. So we start treating him for that. The symptoms continue, and he starts feeling a little worse. Then a little worse. The past 3 days he's been coughing and asking for his inhaler. Tonight, I come home from work to find him running a little bit of a fever and I say, "we're going back to the doctor - I'm worried you have pneumonia again." And off we go.

So we see the doctor, I explain the symptoms, the doc checks his ears, then his throat.... "Wow! His tonsils are huge!" the doc says. What???? He's not complaining about a sore throat! And the doc cultures his throat and once again, he has strep and pneumonia. And his asthma is ~misbehaving~. So now we're back on Zithromax, and sledgehammer doses of prednisone. YUK. I sure hope he's feeling better after just a couple days he's feeling better once again.

ARGH!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home