Friday, June 10, 2005

Counting down...

...the days, I mean, nights until August 1st. That is the day hubby has his sleep study scheduled for! Woo Hoo! And you know what finally got him to call? A friend of ours said, "Maybe you should call and get in for a sleep study." And bingo. Just a few days later, he calls. Hello? That's what I've been saying for months now! Oh yeah. I'm just your wife so what I say doesn't mean shit. And he tells another friend, "Yeah, maybe I should do that. It's one thing if I'm snoring at home, but when we go on our vacation and share the cabin with the other family, I don't want to keep all of them up." (Gee, now I see where I rank on his list....)

Does anyone know, will they send him home with that CPAP machine that day? God, I hope so. Maybe if I bring them chocolate chip cookies they can get one loaded in our trunk that day.

In the meantime, I'll be spending my nights sleeping in the spare bedroom so I can get *less interrupted* sleep. It's commonly known in our house as "The Pink Bedroom", because when we bought the house, it had pink carpet and a pink and white ruffled window valance. I'm not a huge fan of pink, but at least the carpet isn't all stained with dog pee or anything like that. And there's so much furniture in there, you can hardly see the carpet anyhow.

Fifty-one. That's the number right now. Fifty-one more nights.

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM , Blogger modernscarlett said...

Mel, on the sleep study, with my DH they did a study at night, and he went in a few days later for an evaluation. They then scheduled him for yet another sleep study so they can determine what pressure to set the CPAP machine on. Then you do yet another follow up appt. and make arrangements to get the CPAP from a medical supply place. That, was at least my experience. So you may have a little longer countdown than you thought ;-)

Lori

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home