Monday, June 20, 2005

What the heck am I thinking????

In my approaching middle-age state, I've decided I need to start exercising more. I used to run when I was younger. Some days I sorta miss it. So I decided to take up running again. A friend of mine wants to run with me. (This is good, because otherwise I'd probably be giving up already.)

We went for our first run on Saturday morning. I do not remember it being this difficult. I do not remember having to breathe so hard. I do not remember sweating like a pig in Georgia in July. I do not remember my shorts trying to bunch up. I DO however remember the soreness of the next day. And for some reason, the memory there is that the soreness was much worse when I was younger than it is now.... Isn't that odd?

So to *warm up* we just walked the first mile. Then tried to run the second mile. I make it about 0.6 miles and I am breathing like I'm a two pack a day smoker. My friend with the blood pressure of 160/110 is doing better than I am. WTF?

So today we go for our second run. I bring along the albuterol inhaler to see if it helps. We do the first mile warm up walk first. Then I make it about 0.7 miles this time before I have to stop. I used the inhaler once before we left and once about halfway thru the run. It helped a little. I was able to recover my breathing much faster this time. But my pulse went thru the roof, lol.

And the whole time I'm running I'm thinking, oh yeah.... my chest wasn't this developed when I used to run.... What a difference THAT makes! Time to look into some surgery me thinks....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home