Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Today is...

My hubby's birthday. I didn't get him any presents. Why? Because the doofus went ahead and bought everything on his *wish list* before his birthday. >roll eyes< Silly man.

Next order of business in our house recently is our kitty. She's 11½ yrs old. She had her checkup last week and the vet found some weird tooth thingy I'd never heard of before. They are called "FORLs" (she pronounced it "fee-your'-ulls"). It stands for "Feline Odontoclastic Resorptive Lesions". Yep - *fee-your'-ulls* is MUCH easier a mouthful.... Basically what it means is my kitty needed some teeth out. From the exam that day, I was under the impression it would be about 4 teeth, with the disclaimer of "but we won't know for sure how many until we get a good look in her mouth under anesthesia. Because of course, if any of you have a cat, you know how much they LOVE having their mouth pried opened and examined.

Fast forward to yesterday - it's the day I drop my kitty at the vet's for the surgery. Of course, the night before just HAD to be a fun poker party at a good friend's house where we all drank waaaaay too much and stayed up waaaaay too late. Needless to say, I got 2½ hours of sleep and did not feel well.

I drop the kitty off and come home to kick the parents out, I mean, wish them a safe and happy trip home. (The parents stayed the weekend. Plus.) Then I crashed back into bed for a couple more hours. By 4pm I was back at the vet's to pick my kitty up. They hand me a sheet with discharge instructions and a little color coded chart of which teeth they pulled. They pulled FOURTEEN teeth! My poor kitty! Lucky her gets to wear a Fentanyl patch for a few days though. She's a little jumpy and walks funny. My kitty is stoned. LOL.

Today, I got the pleasure of pinning her down to administer some oral medication. Oh, does she love that! (NOT!) She was fighting me pretty good, which is normal for her, so I know she's feeling better. I thought I won the battle when I was able to get the medicine into the corner of her mouth under her lip. After I let her go, she bolted directly to the windowsill of the bay window in the living room and proceeded to SPIT the medicine on the curtains. It's like she was blowing raspberries at me. I'm glad I own machine washable curtains. I just hope I don't have to wash them every day for a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home