Saturday, July 28, 2007

Crappy Week

Our internet went down this week. I hate when my technonlogy doesn't work properly. Turns out we had a defective power cable on the wireless router. It only took four phone calls and two visits from the technicians over 3 days to figure it all out....

Thursday, my sis-in-law called once asking for professional advice about her daughter's stomach ache. Then she called later asking hubby about a flooded bathroom. My hubby is NOT a plumbing person. He told her to call a plumber.

Friday morning, sis-in-law called again about her daughter - "stomach ache is worse, what do I do now?" I tried talking to her, but ended up telling her I'd put her on my doc's schedule that morning because she needed extra reassurance. I got in my car to go to work and found my clutch wasn't working. So I had to get into hubby's car and take it to work.

Once at work, I put my niece on our schedule, and called the dealership about my car. Fortunately, I'm under warranty. We got a tow truck lined up. I called home to get hubby awake to let the tow truck driver in our garage, but he wouldn't wake up for the phone. I ended up calling a friend that lives up the street and gave him the access code to our garage door opener and he took care of things for me. :) Turns out something called a "clutch slave cylinder" went bad. Never heard of it. They were able to get it fixed that day and I got my car home after work! I loved signing the paper saying it was $0. The warranty has paid for itself now. Yeah!

Now I have a half dozen things to do today before Frodo and I are gone for a couple days again. Then I come back, work one last day, then pack for vacation! I can't wait for Friday to come when I get to start the drive.

**********************************

As promised, here's how the presidential selector matched me up:

Your Results:
1. Theoretical Ideal Candidate (100%)
2. Alan Augustson (campaign suspended) (83%)
3. Dennis Kucinich (83%)
4. Barack Obama (80%)
5. Joseph Biden (75%)
6. Wesley Clark (not announced) (73%)
7. Hillary Clinton (73%)
8. Al Gore (not announced) (72%)
9. Christopher Dodd (72%)
10. Michael Bloomberg (not announced) (69%)
11. John Edwards (67%)
12. Mike Gravel (66%)
13. Bill Richardson (58%)
14. Ron Paul (55%)
15. Kent McManigal (campaign suspended) (46%)
16. Elaine Brown (42%)
17. John McCain (30%)
18. Rudolph Giuliani (30%)
19. Tommy Thompson (28%)
20. Chuck Hagel (not announced) (20%)
21. Mike Huckabee (20%)
22. Mitt Romney (20%)
23. Newt Gingrich (not announced) (15%)
24. Fred Thompson (not announced) (13%)
25. Sam Brownback (13%)
26. Tom Tancredo (12%)
27. Jim Gilmore (withdrawn) (11%)
28. Duncan Hunter (10%)


Not too many surprises.... except for the person I matched most to, I had never heard of before. Ideally, I'd still like to see Russ Feingold on the ticket, even though he has stated he isn't going to run. :(

**********************************

If I don't get off my arse now, I'll end up sitting here all day, getting NOTHING done. I don't have that luxury today. Darn it all. Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home