Wednesday, July 11, 2007

This smells funny...

Bush orders Miers to defy House subpoena

Actually, the whole "executive privilege" use stinks to high heaven. What do they have to hide that they don't want anyone finding out? Only the guilty run from questioning....

********************************************

Frodo's baseball season is done. His team won first place in the league and then first place in an end-of-season tournament. He had phenomenal coaches. And the team was a whole bunch of nice kids. Usually there's one or two that are, well.... BRATS. Not this year! Two great coaches plus 11 great kids equals a really fun season. I'm gonna miss it! (And I'm gonna miss seeing the good lookin' coach every now and then too, lol!)

There was an *end-of-season* team party tonight at the home of one of the parents. It was loads of fun. The weather was perfect for an outside party. As some of us were chatting on the patio, I touched my hair and realized some pine sap had dropped onto it from a tree above. I've had pine sap on things before and it is nearly impossible to remove. I was worried what I was going to have to do to my hair! When I got home, I did some poking around the internet, and found a site that mentioned different "remedies" for removing pine sap from cars, tables, tents, and pets. And guess what works? Deep Woods Off. Living in one of the states that claims the mosquito as the state bird, we fortunately have some in the house.

I was a bit leery about spraying the Deep Woods Off on my hair. What would it do to my hair besides repel mosquitos and ticks? I figured I really didn't have a choice - the only other way I was going to get pine sap out of my hair was to cut it out. So I sprayed. Then rubbed the sap area. Then rinsed with warm water. Then I decided I better wash the Deep Woods Off from my hair, so I grabbed the closest shampoo I could find - a strawberry scented kids shampoo. Now I smell pine fresh AND strawberry sweet! But I don't have pine sap in my hair anymore. It really works! I was shocked.

********************************************

On another personal hygeine note, I have horribly cracked skin on the heels of my feet. Does anyone have any suggestions for improvement? And I can't do the thing with the socks on the feet with lotion while I sleep. I can't sleep with socks on my feet. I just can't. I have a couple weird quirks like that. (Another is that I can't have my hair over my ears. Both of those things drive me absolutely nuts.)

*********************************************

My next gripe is about gas prices. In an unusual stroke of luck, I filled up my car the day BEFORE the prices took a big jump up. (Usually I don't go to the gas station one evening just to find the next morning the price went up 10 cents a gallon.) I filled up two days ago at $3.04. Today, the price is $3.40!! I know the news - some refinery is down for repairs and another is flooded in Kansas. Whatever. It's not like we see the prices come back down when the repairs are completed and production is back online.

I honestly think the past increases in gas prices are just "conditioning" for us. They jump up 20 cents, then fall only 5 cents. This cycle goes on and on until we're conditioned at a point now where we'd be tickled pink to see gas below $3 per gallon. And this as the oil companies are making HUGE profits.

I'm so tired of the greed culture we have in the US. Money above everything! It makes me ill.

*************************************************

2 Comments:

At 8:33 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

I want executive privilege at home.

I picked up some stuff in a pump jar from T@rget (in the pharmacy diabetic foot care aisle) thats called heel crack something or other. Big white pump tub thing - works miracles.

Gas station this morning:
Gas $55.40
Coffee $1.25
Ambulance ride after passing out. Priceless ;)

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger KinnicChick said...

Taking notes... Heels aren't bad yet, but are beginning that late summer degradation and it is only a matter of time (and that cursing mama knows everything, or so I'm beginning to believe).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home