Thursday, April 26, 2007

Shiny!

I'm typing this post on my fancy, new-fangled laptop! So if things are spelled wrong, it's because I can't type for crap on this keyboard. The desktop has this big, ergonomic keyboard. I have a hard time typing on this flat keyboard.

It's purty. It's shiny. It works fast. It's wireless! I can sit on the couch and surf the 'net! When it's nice out again and stops raining, I'll be able to sit OUTSIDE and surf the 'net. Technology rocks!!!

I'm considering putting a password protection on the laptop so hubby can't use it when I'm not around. I'm afraid he'll visit some website and try to upload some great new *internet accelerator* or what not. Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. And if it's new, don't get it messy!!! I think I have him threatened enough that he'll leave it alone....

I spent the last couple evenings moving all my favorites from the desktop to the laptop. It's almost like packing up and moving house. You don't realize how much crap you accumulate in just 3 years until you have to move it. One by one, I clicked on every link in my favorites folders. I found some that were no longer valid, so they got deleted. I found some I never realized I had. They didn't get moved. I found some I loved and had forgotten. Then, as I would decide which ones were keepers, I would copy and paste a link into an email. I sent the email to myself, and opened the email on my new computer, opened each link, then saved it. I wonder if there's an easier way.... Too late now.

My next project will be to make backup files of all the photos on the desktop. How do the rest of you store your digital photos? On CD? On a jump drive? At a photo hosting website? Heck, I probably have enough printer paper to print a copy of each one out. (Some "buy one get one free" sale at Office Depot.... I'm a sucker for a bargain.)

2 Comments:

At 8:59 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

I keep all of my favorites online at backflip.com

As a matter of fact I'm posting this via backflip right now ;) Works fantastic if you work amongst several computers.

I keep all my photos on a maxtor external hard drive & a copy on cd's. None are printed because I'm lame.

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger nenanars said...

i burn them to cds in 6 month increments. haven't done it since last summer, i think. d'oh! and i make several copies.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home