Monday, April 30, 2007

No kidding!?!?

I was at one of my least favorite stores earlier today. Wally-hell is just one of those places I go to only when I HAVE to.

As I'm leaving, I notice a bulletin board by the door. On the bulletin board is a collection of recall notices. One mentions the Easy Bake Oven. It states, "Young children can insert their hands into the oven’s opening and get their hands or fingers caught, posing an entrapment and burn hazard."

And I'm thinking that this was pretty much standard knowledge - that if you stuck your hand in the Easy Bake Oven, it would get burned. I guess not.

My other favorite on the board had to do with a building toy called "Magnetix". With a name like that, guess what it has plenty of in the set? Did you say magnets? You're awfully smart! This recall states, "If a child swallows more than one tiny powerful magnet detached from the plastic building pieces or one such magnet and a metallic object, the objects can attract to each other inside the intestines". The last science class I took told me magnets had this fancy trick of being attracted to each other or other metal objects. Once again, I didn't think this information was a surprise.

This all remids me of the Bill Engvall skits with "Here's Your Sign".

G'nite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home