Sunday, October 21, 2007

I tried....

I tried to fix the mower. I finally gave up. I ended up using the push mower on the extra-long grass with all the leaves. Basically, I would mow one "stripe" up the yard, stop, empty the bag, do another stripe, stop, empty the bag.... It got old very fast. After awhile, I ended up hollering for hubby to get out and help me. I would mow then make him dump the bag. It worked for me. (He definitely had the harder of the two jobs. Heh heh.)

Hubby and I were going to push the old mower back into the shed in the backyard, but decided it was too far to push it, so we put it by the curb. I had planned on making a sign: "free if you want it - it doesn't work" and see if someone wanted to take it. I didn't even get the sign made when someone stopped and asked me if I was getting rid of it. (Usually, if something is by the curb - in that section of grass between the sidewalk and street - it's there for the trash.) I told him all about it, and said if he wanted a fall/winter project, it would keep him busy. We agreed on a price (free) and off it went! I'm glad to have it gone. It was fun to practice and learn some small engine mechanics on that mower though. I got some good experience out of it.

Tomorrow's project? I'm going to replace a light switch in the bathroom. It seems it's haunted. It sometimes doesn't want to turn the lights on. And if you leave the switch in the *on* position, the lights will finally decide when they want to light up. I'm pretty sure it's just a bad switch, so tomorrow is a visit to the home improvement store! Yay! I'll probably come home with all sorts of stuff to put in that bathroom instead of just walking out with a 50 cent light switch....

Hubby didn't get home until 7am today. And it will be that late again tomorrow morning. Most gals would be ticked off to have their hubby come home at 7am. Mine is guarding a crime scene tonight. I'm so proud of him and the work he does. He usually enjoys it too. He has no desire to move up in rank. He's happy in the position he's in now. I joke that he'll retire right where he's at. He doesn't joke that it could be the truth.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM , Blogger KinnicChick said...

Totally proud of you for all the fun you had with it. Sounds so much like me and my yellow baby. I sometimes miss it. That lasts about a minute.

Now I have nothing to mow. And my allergies love me so much more.

Have fun with the bathroom. I kind of like the idea of the haunted switch, but replacing it sounds far safer.

Good luck and be safe.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home