Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thank you!

Thanks MidlifeMutant, KinnicChick, and CursingMama for the advice you have given. I always find it helps to hear from others, especially those in "been there, done that" shoes.

I guess I'm struggling with the visit, not so much because I want to see grandma, but I'm thinking it's expected of me to visit. It's not that I need any chance to say goodbye, it's not that I'm worried about any memories it might make or not make. It's that I believe it is EXPECTED of me to do this.

Both my sisters are driving there this weekend. When I mentioned to lil' sis that I didn't feel I had to go since grandma has no clue who I am anyhow, sis replies, "I'm not going for grandma, I'm going for aunt." (Grandma's daughter - the one who has been taking care of everything.) Now I'm going to look like the "bad" one who didn't show up. ::rolling my eyes here:: I think we'll be going there in a few weeks again anyhow for a funeral since the decision was made to not give grandma a feeding tube.

So I thought this through a bit - I think instead of going now, I might send a card to my aunt. Telling her thanks for taking care of all this and that I hope she's doing ok. She and her mother had a very "difficult" relationship and never really got along, so I feel bad for aunt - it's as though she's being punished by having to do this all herself. Know what I mean?

I think that's what I might do. I think I'll go shopping now and pick out a card.

3 Comments:

At 11:55 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

Glad you figured it out- I'm sure your aunt will understand completely.

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger KinnicChick said...

I think a card to your aunt is a lovely idea. And yes, I believe she will appreciate that and understand. And if she doesn't? That also isn't your fault, dear. You can't make anyone do or understand anything. It has taken me nearly all of my 42 years to get to this place (thank you mother) but it's sinking in.

Hugs.

 
At 5:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home