Monday, December 10, 2007

Seeing as I'm lazy...

...about blogging, I thought I'd continue my laziness streak with a "Getting To Know You" swiped from Cursing Mama.

Getting To Know Your Friends - Christmas Edition

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I try the wrapping paper route as much as possible. Sometimes you HAVE to use the gift bag though.

2. Real or artificial tree? I grew up with an artificial tree. I always wanted a real tree. I married hubby. I couldn't get my real tree because hubby is allergic to them. :(

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving. This year, it got up yesterday. And only because I'm hosting family christmas celebration next weekend.

4. When do you take the tree down? It comes down somewhere around New Years. It all depends on how sick of it I am.

5. Do you like Eggnog? No. Yuk.

6. Favorite Gift you received as a child? My sister and I got the Barbie Dream House from Santa one year. Wow.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? We got one from ds's great aunt's estate somehow. Otherwise, being the heathens we are, no, we do not have a nativity scene.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My one sister and her dh. They are the only ones getting gift cards this year.

9. Easiest person to buy for? This year, amazingly, it is hubby. That is unusual.

10. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Nothing specific comes to mind.

11. Christmas Cards...Snail mail or E-mail? In this day and age of so many electronics, I still prefer snail mail cards.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's A Wonderful Life.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually sometime in December. This year, I started in November though!

14. Have you ever 'recycled' a Christmas present? As in "re-gifting"? No I haven't. I just haven't had the need to do so.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Frosted sugar cookies. Mmmmm...

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear. And it's pre-lit and that rocks. I will NEVER buy a tree that's not pre-lit ever again.

17. Favorite Christmas Song? The Carol of the Bells. Except dh has ruined it with this viral video from a few years back...

18. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home? Do NOT get me started on this one.... I'm stuck hosting. Again.

19. Can you name Santa's Reindeer? Only if I'm singing the song.

20. Do you have an Angel or a Star on top of your tree? An angel. And she doesn't stay up properly, so there is a chopstick rammed up to her brain so she won't keep tipping over.

21. Open the Presents Christmas Eve or Morning? Morning. Because sometimes hubby is working christmas eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Rude people. Oh wait, that's sort of a year-round issue....

23. Shopping...Mall or on-line? I think I did about 50/50 on that this year.

24. Do you decorate outside for Christmas or just inside (or at all?) Outside, we have white icicle lights topped with a string of blue lights . This year, to piss hubby off, because he was being a dork and hates too much outdoor decor, I added a light-up snowman and some hanging light-up snowflakes. I've threatened to add more.

25. Favorite Christmas cookie? Frosted sugar cookie.

26. Do you own Christmassy clothing or jewelry? No.

27. Do you believe in Santa? Of course!

2 Comments:

At 11:14 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

what is this frosted sugar cookie business -

Snickerdoodle all the way.....

(does it say something about my character if I feel competitive about cookies?)

 
At 10:13 PM , Blogger KinnicChick said...

I think it is funny that you have a Clark Griswold neighbory kind of thing going on with your own husband!

my usual hangout...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home