Thursday, January 17, 2008

Anyone have some extra Valium?

My laptop is gone. I told my laptop it was going to a computer spa for a tiny amount of cosmetic surgery. I hope it comes home soon. I'm now cheating on it with my old flame - the desktop. The desktop might be slow, but it still works.

After my incident of not being able to get the hard drive out, I spoke with some hilarious technicians that dress in white shirts with skinny black ties and floods. They work out of a store where Frodo and I found the lights of the first word burned out, so the store just said "BUY". We still laugh about that. I was telling them of my predicament. They told me they weren't surprised as that particular computer company has a reputation for horrible customer support. (Next time, I will splurge for the protection package that will allow me to get my computer fixed locally.) They told me to try and get this company (which from here on out, I shall refer to as *Farmer In The....*) to send me the part and they could fix it for me in a day. For a small fee of course. I was willing to pay that fee, so I went home to place a phone call.

This time, I didn't catch the name of the gentleman (I use the term loosely) on the phone. He was a bit short with me. Whatever. Basically, he ended the conversation telling me they cannot send the part and to send the laptop in with the hard drive still installed. (Pass more Valium!)

The next day, I get a phone call from a different technician with Farmer In The.... I think he was sent to smooth things over. He assured me he was going to be the only technician dealing with this "case" from here on out. On my laptop, I have an email with his name in it. Of course, my laptop is away for it's little spa vacation, so I have no clue who this person is. He said he would be keeping an eye on my computer for me through the repair and return process. He used some phrase about "taking ownership". Sounds like someone has been to a lot of business classes.... I'll take it, as canned as it sounds. It's nice knowing I have ONE person to deal with. Besides, they gave me someone who's accent isn't as thick so I can actually understand him. (Do you think they got my surveys? LOL.)

So I password protected my computer and sent it on it's little vacation on Tuesday. I wonder if it will bring back a t-shirt for me?

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

I have a similarly branded laptop - it went through a similar repair process and came back just fine. (ps do not trust the men in white shirts at the BUY store....things do not come back just fine from them)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home