Monday, November 29, 2004

Demon Spawn and Angel Child

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have two sisters. Baby Sister is 10½ yrs younger than I am and just getting her feet on the ground in regards to life - a new (and serious!) boyfriend, a new apartment, a new job. I'm proud of her. My other sister, however, is a ditz. (Ditz Sister is 3 yrs younger than me.) My mom and I actually joke about her being a ditz - mom says something about 'one in every generation', and in my mom's it was her own older sister. LOL.

Well, to get to the point of my title - Ditz Sister has two kids: Demon Spawn and Angel Child. Demon Spawn is 6 yrs old. He can be the sweetest little thing on occasion, and then turn and be the spawn of the devil on another. (It's too fast of a turn for him to be bipolar. I'd liken him more to 'Jekyll and Hyde'.) He's rough and aggressive and Ditz Sister protects him no matter what. Even if he's in the wrong. He can pound on my kid for a full year, but as soon as Frodo takes a swing at Demon Spawn, mama is there to defend Demon Spawn. The whole family (including her inlaws) gets very irritated with him (and her). It's hilarious at family functions as we all cast *knowing glances* at each other and Ditz Sister is completely oblivious.

Then there's Angel Child. She's 2½ yrs old and she's an awesome little gal. The only time she acts up is when she's feeding off her brother's energy. And for whatever reason, Ditz Sister gets all irritated with Angel Child easily and often - all while casting a blind eye on Demon Spawn's actions. (Do I have to study up my Freud to understand this one?!?!?)

Angel Child and Frodo just adore each other. Frodo sometimes asks me to have Angel Child over but wants Demon Spawn to stay at home. Then I have to explain to Frodo that they are a package deal. Sometimes he takes them both just so he can see Angel Child. He's fine for about 30 minutes before Demon Spawn starts wearing on him. At least Frodo is getting better at telling Demon Spawn to 'knock it off' if Demon Spawn is misbehaving.

And Ditz Sister is due with a third child in March. I sure hope it's another angel....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home