Friday, December 17, 2004

I'm such a slacker here lately!!!

First, I had the darn cold. (I'm better now except for a little residual cough, TYVM.) Then I got a phone call from a gal, begging me to cover for her Monday morning to teach a CPR class. Ok, I'm a sucker for begging. There. I said it. So I taught a CPR class on Monday. I feel like it didn't do a very good job. But they all passed, so I guess I did ok. :P

Then for whatever reason, I decided I needed to finish ALL my christmas shopping NOW. So Monday afternoon, Tuesday, and part of Wednesday, I went shopping. And shopping. And shopping. Most of the time, I enjoy it. During the week, the clerks and customers are much nicer. But I hate when I get an idea in my head of a gift for someone and I just can't find the gift.... Drives me batty. And all I was looking for was a pen that lights up on the writing end! I got one as a promotional item recently and someone said they liked it, so of course, I remembered that, and off I went.... Took me forever to find it! But I'm happy to say that I'm done shopping! Just waiting for a few things I ordered online to arrive.

Wednesday afternoon was Frodo's *winter concert* at school. The school doesn't have facilities large enough to support an all school concert, so they break it down by grade. Kindergarten does one in the spring. 1st and 2nd grades have a winter concert. I don't know what the upper grades do since I haven't BTDT yet. It was a cute concert. I love how the kiddos belt out the songs at this age since they really aren't too nervous yet. (Although Frodo did complain about his tummy "feeling funny for a few minutes at the beginning then it went away".) And the little girl he's in love with brought her parents to meet him after the concert. She walked up behind him, patted his head, he turned around and she says to her parents, "This is my friend (insert real name here)". Frodo has been telling me she's been "acting suspicious", lololol. So I explained to him it probably means she likes him too. ;) Then I get the "Oh MOM" line. LOLOL.

Yesterday I worked. Today I will work. Tonight, Frodo and I are going to a pizza party at the school. And tomorrow, we will celebrate christmas with our extended family at my little sister's new house. (She lives about 1½ miles away, so I really don't have much traveling to do.) It will be nice for Frodo to get a chance to open a few presents so he'll stop bugging me about opening his presents under the tree.... And it will be nice to see my baby sister who moved a couple hours away in July and I haven't seen since. :)

Later 'gator!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home