Sunday, February 20, 2005

We're trying...

...to teach Frodo the classics. No, we're not giving him Shakespeare or Hemingway (yet). But if someone says, "Conjunction Junction...." he knows to finish with "...what's your function?". He has a favorite Bugs Bunny cartoon. ("Duck Season! Rabbit Season!") And he and dad are reading "The Hobbit" together right now.

But at the same time, it's almost as though he seems to *know* certain things already. No, not the Schoolhouse Rock songs, but the only way I can describe it, is that I've always called him an *old soul*. I just get this feeling that he's *been around the block* before. Sometimes I'll ask him, "How do you know that?" and he'll say, "I just know".

I saw a psychic once when I was younger. She nailed a lot of things for me without me giving up any info to her except for my first name. One thing she told me is that she saw me with two more children yet after my son. Two girls who were either twins or very close in age, but who wouldn't arrive until my son was older. So when hubby and I decided to be "done with one", and it was made official thanks to a little procedure called a vasectomy a few years back, I wondered if a couple other souls had *chosen* us to be their parents and we turned them down.... (Sorry girls!) I've wondered if I should go to that psychic again and see what she says....

Overall, I guess I just feel lucky and honored to be entrusted to take care of this one *old soul*.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home