Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Happy To Have an Only Child!

My sister (the one with 3 kids - Demon Spawn, Angel Child, and Barfy Baby) - her in-laws sold their house and are moving into a condo. So the in-laws are doing lots of packing and moving, and today was going to be a big day to move lots of stuff. My sister asked me to babysit her 3 kids so she and her hubby could go help with the move. (The inlaws didn't want to pay to hire someone to move....)

So I get there about 9am, and by 11am, I've seen tears, mud, dirt, barf, poop.... You name it. I ended up ordering a pizza for delivery for lunch for all of us so I wouldn't have to make anything. The pizza man rings the bell and I open the door with part of a gooey rice krispy treat in one hand, a baby screaming in the background, a 3 yr old dancing around and singing, "the pizza's here! the pizza's here! the pizza's here!", and I'm just trying to open my wallet one handed so I can get the $$ out to pay him.

We eat, I send Demon Spawn, Angel Child and Frodo out to play in the sprinkler so I can feed the Barfy Baby. I can't find a bib anywhere so I decide to feed her then change her clothes when I'm done. I couldn't even get 20 minutes to feed her and in comes my nephew saying he's already done with the sprinkler. Hello? Towel? And what do you mean "done"?

So I finally finish feeding Barfy Baby and I am not wearing any barf! Woo Hoo! I barely get a wet washcloth across her face and all the kids are in the house already. Sheesh. My sister needs a swingset or something else to entertain kids out in the yard.

Demon Spawn starts acting up because I won't make snowcones because I'm rocking the baby for her nap. Angel Child (who is becoming less and less angelic...) has wet right thru her pull-up. Frodo is looking for a corner to hide in for some peace and quiet, lol.

Demon Spawn hollers at me from the bathroom, "Mel! You gotta come here and help me with the plunger!" (That's never a good phrase to hear.) He learns that he can't flush 10 of those "flushable" wipes all at once....

Needless to say, by the time I left at 330pm, both Frodo and I were bolting for the car, lol. We are BOTH very happy he's an only child. How do moms of many kids do it? I'm drinking.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM , Blogger Mel said...

Actually, I came home, showered, then had to dress up (yuck) for an American Heart Association award ceremony honoring local heroes in regards to saving lives with CPR. Once I finally got home, and got all those icky dress clothes off, I finally had myself a nice, strong margarita. ;) Then cried myself to sleep because I was stressed and overtired.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home