Monday, June 27, 2005

Welcome me back to...

...the ranks of those with car payments!!! I'm trading in my 12 year old Geo Prizm that has almost 130,000 miles on it. The Prizm is a great car, but it's to the point where it needs new tires, new brakes, a new timing belt that I kept putting off, and it would soon need new exhaust. It also has developed an oil leak over the past few months that has me putting in a couple extra quarts between oil changes. So instead of putting the money into repairs, I've been persuaded to put the money towards a new vehicle.

I had a Honda CRV, a Mazda Tribute, and a Saturn Vue on my list. The CRVs were a bit too expensive for our budget unless we found a great deal on a used one, which we weren't finding. I test drove a couple Tributes and they weren't bad. But then we went and test drove a Vue and we loved it!! So we signed on the dotted line.

I thought I was super excited when I got my Geo because it had only 42k miles on it. My first car - a two-tone brown 1980 Chevy Citation - had 90,000 miles on it when I got it. My 2nd car - a cute little black 1988 Mazda 323 - had 55,000 miles on it when I got it. This car had 9 miles on it (yes, NINE) when we hopped in for the test drive, lol. Not even growing up did our family EVER buy a NEW car. I love it!! Now I totally understand the "new car smell" thing.

I'll get a call tomorrow from the financing dude as to when to come in and sign that paperwork, then turn over the keys to my Geo. Whee!!!! And eek!!!

1 Comments:

At 11:20 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

Mmmmm - I can smell the car from here.
Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home