Monday, July 04, 2005

Can I have some of what she has?

I'm talking about my sister-in-law (SIL). AS much as that woman goes, you'd think she had pure caffeine running through her veins. I could use a little of that.

After work on Friday, I got into my *BRAND NEW CAR!!* and drove *up north* to spend the holiday weekend with my mom, my FIL (ask me about that one later if I haven't told you about it), my SIL, her hubby, their daughter, and Frodo. Hubby was working all weekend the lucky goof.

Considering it was a holiday weekend, I surprisingly had a nice drive up. I got there about 1045pm. The *BRAND NEW CAR!!* was awesome on the drive. It felt good. It still smells good. I'm smitten.

Saturday morning we were up, and after breakfast, we were off to pick up a boat, get two boats in the water, and did some boating and swimming. (No fishing though. Darn.) SIL thought it would be cool to get an innertube that tows behind the boat, so she bought one. Frodo and his cousin enjoyed it as long as we went s-l-o-w. Then it was time to get boats back out of the water, then dinner, then some fireworks in the driveway. ;)

Sunday we were up and off to the shops in town. I didn't get as much time to look as I'd like as the crowds were just too much and SIL was getting bent outta shape. Then we went go-karting. Then back home for late lunch/early supper. After that we played a dominos game. Then finally to bed.

Today we were up and off to a flea market. Once again, I didn't get as much time to look as I'd like because the crowds were just too much and SIL got bent outta shape. ;) We came back, and SIL wanted to go biking on the bike trail. I respectfully declined so I could have a couple hours of just vegging and visiting with my mom. Then we did dinner and Frodo and I were off to go home.

I think I'm not going up north on a holiday weekend ever again. It was too busy. And I think next time I go up north, I'm gonna just go off and do my own thing and leave SIL to go do her own thing. If she wants to try and fit a whole week's worth of fun in one weekend, she can go right ahead. Next time, I'm going to stay out of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home