Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I have a couple little *life rules*

One is to treat others as I would like to be treated.

Another is to never hit anyone or anything in anger.

Another is to never drink when I'm depressed.

And lastly, to never buy meat from a guy in a van that just happens to pull into my driveway when I'm outside playing with my kid.

Ok. Maybe I stretched that last one a bit. A fellow in a van with out of state plates pulls into my driveway this afternoon. He tells me he's "just finishing up the route" and he happens to have some "extra steaks in back" he'll sell to me "real cheap" - "Usually $7-12 each, but I'll sell them to you for $2.50."

Does he really get people to buy those steaks very often? Or to even buy that line very often? And if he's coming in from out of state, does he really expect me to think those steaks are even edible after being in the back of his van in July?

2 Comments:

At 4:51 AM , Blogger Danielle said...

OMG!!! Dude was selling steaks out of a van!!! Can someone say "FOOD POISONING" lol

 
At 8:17 AM , Blogger Melanie said...

We always have people trying to sell us meat out of a van. I've never tried it, but my friend got some great filet mignon from a van...lol.

You probably could have gotten those steaks for $1.75 each...ROLFMAO.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home