Thursday, September 01, 2005

I have some questions...

...in regards to the situation in New Orleans. If anyone has any answers, I'd REALLY appreciate them. Here's my list:

**Why are people shooting at the helicopters and other people that are just trying to help them? (And why is nobody shooting back at the snipers?)

**How is it that the media can get in there to do stories, but nobody else is getting in there to get those people out?

**Where the hell are these buses that are supposed to be taking people from the Superdome?

**And what is this I keep hearing they anticipate they aren't going to have enough buses??!?!? WTF?!?!?? GET MORE FUCKIN' BUSES!!!!

**What is this I'm hearing about the mayor of New Orleans giving people "permission" to march across a bridge? If they have foot traffic access to somewhere, why aren't they going there? Why are they being held and trapped at the Superdome?

**Why is it taking the engineers sooooo long to block the breached levees?

**And why is it taking so long to mobilize the National Guard or any other help for these people?

And another sick aspect of this too - A quote from a CNN story:

"They have quite a few people running around here with guns," he said. "You got these young teenage boys running around up here raping these girls."

How come nobody is beating the living shit out of these boys who are raping girls?!?!?!? OMG..... My stomach is just churning....

I'm so saddened and horrified by all this. I just don't understand. How can we as a nation treat fellow citizens in this manner? Why can I see a news story about a freakin' emergency shelter for animals while human beings are in conditions that aren't even fit for animals? Can anyone make any sense of this?

I swear, if nothing big is done by tomorrow, I think I need to organize some national protests. This is atrocious. What the fuck is going on????

1 Comments:

At 10:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not the definitive answer but an answer is "What have they got to lose". People behave differently when they have nothing to lose

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home