Monday, August 15, 2005

The day is finally here!

I've been counting down the days for about 6 weeks now. Today is "BA Day" - Boob Appointment Day. This afternoon I am seeing a plastic surgeon about a breast reduction surgery. (Sorry to any guys reading this! It's not always *the bigger, the better*!) The girls are outta control and I'm hoping to finally rein them in. I'm excited. And I'm so nervous I could barf.

Why would I be nervous? I honestly don't care that the surgeon is a male - once you've had a baby with all sorts of male doctors checking out your hoo-hah, having one poke around at your boobs really isn't a big deal. (They're just lumps of fleshy tissue is all.) I'm not too nervous about the prospect of surgery, except for the part about having to undergo anesthesia, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I'm nervous - petrified actually - because this is the appointment that will be the deciding factor as to whether my insurance will cover the surgery. I'm about 80% certain they will. That 20% of doubt has me shaking like a leaf today. You should see how many typos I've made to this post, lol. (I've fixed them by the way. I'm sorta anal like that about spelling. Yet another peek into Mel's psyche.)

I'll be back on tonight to let you know how it goes!!! Keep your crossable parts crossed for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home