Monday, November 14, 2005

I *heart* Jimmy Carter

Get your minds outta the gutter. ;) Although, I will admit, when I was in first grade, it was 1976, and we were nearing a presidential election. Our teacher was going over the "Weekly Reader" with us. Traditionally, the "Weekly Reader" polls school age kids to see who they would vote for. I picked Jimmy Carter because he was cuter than Gerald Ford. LOL.

I completely admire the man now. His work through "The Carter Center" and "Habitat for Humanity" is the epitome of compassion, peace and public service. Everyone should strive to be like him - he's committed human rights and social justice, a champion of peace, deeply rooted in his faith, and devoted to his family.

And today, I read an article written by him and published in today's LA Times. Generally, past presidents have a history of staying quiet in regards to subsequent administrations. Bill Clinton was probably one of the first to publically criticize his successor. And lately, Jimmy Carter has been known to write an article here or there that subtly criticizes this current administration. The one I read today is no exception. It says exactly what so many of us see happening each and every day.

I daily wish for peace and sanity for the entire world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home