Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I think it's time...

...for me to up my meds. Sigh. I called my drug dealer's office today and had to leave a message to set up an appointment. I was supposed to have my *every 3 months* appointment last month, but that all got pushed to the wayside with everything that was going on last month. Last year, I remember thinking, 'If I can make it thru this fall/winter, I'm sure I'll have to up my meds next fall/winter' and here I am. I've been riding borderline the past year or so, and it's finally time to hitch myself back up. The past few weeks, I'm unmotivated, not sleeping well and tired all the time, snippy, and just not doing as good as I should be. The best part is, I know I can feel better with just a little bump of the dose.

*******************************************

Hubby has been working on the basement family room. (I'm so glad to see him working on something like that! Usually he starts the IDEA for something, then leaves the rest up to me....) He bought some little surround sound speakers and we ran the wires above the ceiling then decided to drill a hole in the wall behind the tv to put the wires back through instead of having them run from the ceiling down the visible side of the wall. We're deciding where to drill, get the drill on the other side of the wall in the basement, and start to drill thru. Hmmm.... Feels like we're all the way through the paneling, but there's still something there.... Drill a little more. Oh. There. That went through. That has to be it. Drill the hole bigger now.... Seems strange - why don't we see any light through this hole?

We walk around into the family room, pull the tv out of the way to find the hole, and *voila*! We've drilled a hole right thru the wall in a perfect spot! But we also drilled a hole in the back of the tv as well. Fortunately, it's just through the outer casing in the back, so no harm was done.

*****************************************

When doing laundry, which is one chore I'm not fond of, but then again, what household chore AM I fond of? But, when doing laundry, I've decided that if dh sends all his shirts down the laundry chute inside out, after I wash and dry them, I just leave them inside out. He can turn them rightside out. Same goes for socks that are bunched up. I sure as heck don't wanna take his stinky sock and unbunch it! Ewwww!!! He can get it back all bunched up and fix it himself.

********************************************

Damn Walmart! I try very hard to NOT shop at Walmart. I hate how they always have their entryway loaded with video games, toy vending machines, and kiddie rides. I hate how their aisles are always so crammed with stuff you can hardly walk through. And I'm not terribly fond of their business practices in general. Every now and then, I step foot into one because in my town, that's what we have. To go to another store, such as Target, I have to drive to the next city. Last night was one of those nights. I needed a new phone jack and phone wire to re-install the phone in our basement family room. The weather was crappy - it had been cold and raining all day, and was supposed to start turning to snow. I felt that staying local was a wise choice since people drive like idiots when we get our first snow. So I went to Walmart last night.

I found the phone line, the jack, and a pair of wire cutters/strippers. But as I added that up in my head (and also the fact that I had NO FREAKIN' IDEA what I was doing), I realized that for a mere $15 more, I could buy a new phone that came with a second handset that would plug into an outlet, but not require an additional phone jack! So I did that. I also want to recover the couch in the basement because it's a bright aqua blue and is atrocious. I've been looking lots of places for fabric to do this, and haven't found any in the color I want. Of course, I found it at Walmart. So damn them for actually having what I wanted!!!! ;)

While I was waiting to get the fabric cut, Frodo had been going down other aisles in the craft department and trying to move from spot to spot without me seeing him. He thought he was so funny! He was laughing and having a good time, and the department was pretty much empty, so it didn't bug me. Then, after the fabric was cut, I called his name to go. He didn't answer. I looked around, called more, and couldn't find him. I wasn't too worried yet - I figured he'd run to the bathroom or something. The gal working there was a little worried. I said I'd go check some nearby aisles, and she had a male worker peek in the men's bathroom. Still, no Frodo. I checked the video games and the toys. Now I'm starting to worry. I start walking back to the fabric department, and there's Frodo, standing next to the sheet aisle, with tears in his eyes. He thought I'd left without him! The little shit was hiding in the craft department next to some grapevine wreaths. I asked him if he heard me call his name. He said yes. I asked him why he never answered me. He said he didn't know. I told him I was ticked at him, but that I was very glad he was safe. I think his being scared was good enough punishment. We went back to the fabric counter and let the nice gal working there know he was safe too. I have a feeling he won't hide and not answer me again.

**************************************

Ok. I think I've got all the thoughts outta my head for now. Every so often I find myself thinking, "I should blog about that", so today, I'm doing a dump, lol. I have a handful of political stuff too, but I just don't have the energy to write coherent thoughts about that too, so I will get those up another time.

1 Comments:

At 9:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well that was "quite" a dump! :) I need to go back to my dealer too :( I hate them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home