Monday, December 12, 2005

A few things are...

...getting under my skin recently. And I'm gonna throw myself a little pity party here. ("It's my blog, and I'll cry if I want to! Cry if I want to, cry if I want to!" Sing it with me!)

I'm gonna start the bitch list with dinner on Friday night. I get home from work on Friday night to find out hubby has made dinner plans for us to go out with a friend of ours to a new "diner" type restaurant in the area. (Who am I to complain about not cooking?!!??) We had to wait 30 minutes for a table. No big deal - it was a Friday night at 6pm, I figured we would wait. We got our table and ordered an appetizer. I don't think ten deep fried cheese curds are worth $6 even if it's plated pretty on some colorful lettuce. Whatever.

We sat and froze while we waited for our food. I think it was about 50ยบ in there. Our waiter was a pleasant guy though. Once our food finally came, we all ate it up. It wasn't spectacular, but it wasn't horrible either. Just so-so. We paid and headed home and our friend headed to her home.

That's when the fun started. Four of us ate there. Three of us were sick. The three of us that were sick had burgers. The fourth had chicken. Two hours of being sick. I'm so glad I have two bathrooms in the house. One for me and one for hubby. Needless to say, I'm NOT eating there again.

The rest of the weekend was hearing about how one of my sisters is pissed off about family christmas get-together time.... I am so ready to give her away to the first taker, but I highly doubt anyone would take her. As a whole, all us gals (me, both my sisters, step sister, and mom)discussed and chose which day to do family christmas. We picked the 18th because it was the day that worked best for my one sister. It doesn't necessarily work the best for the rest of us, but we could manage. Now, she's all pissed because I chose to have the meal at about 1:00 because step sister and her daughter have their christmas program at church in the morning, and her daughter has gymnastics practice at 5pm. So the only time they could make it would be between 12-4. My sister is pissed because that's when her baby (10 months old) TAKES A NAP. I told her to bring the baby over and we'll get her down for a nap while the rest of us are eating. She tells me, "She won't do that. She won't sleep because of the noise." My mom offered to bring a portable air cleaner - it makes a bit of *white noise* so it covers up the rest of the noises. My sister says, "I can guarantee that won't work." My mom says, "Can't she skip a nap for one day?" My sister says no. So she's all pissed off at me because now her hubby is going to stay home during our dinner time so the baby can nap then he'll come over with her later. (Personally, I think he'd rather stay home anyhow.) So basically, she's all pissed because I'm not having the get-together at a different time that fits her baby's nap even though others wouldn't be able to make it at all at other times. I am sooooo tired of her temper tantrums.

Other than that, I really don't have too much to bitch about except for the long list of things to do and the short time in which to accomplish those tasks. But I KNOW I'm not alone there. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home