Monday, December 05, 2005

Brr

Today was one of those days where it was really hard to warm up. The day started this morning when I took Frodo to school. I checked the thermometer outside my dining room window and it says 0ºF. We bundle up and I, in classic ultra lazy American style, DRIVE Frodo the block and a half to school. (My excuse was that I was going to go to the grocery store right after dropping him off. Worked for me!)

My new vehicle has a thermometer in the rearview mirror. Frodo makes note that it says 25º. We're in the garage yet. I tell him to keep an eye on it. As I'm backing out the driveway, it starts dropping, one degree at a time. We start counting out loud and giggling as each degree drops. By the time I get him to the front door of the school, it reads 8º. By the time I drive the two miles to the grocery store, it reads 2º. Brr.

When I got home, I just couldn't warm up! I'm already wearing a turtleneck, a hooded sweatshirt, flannel lined jeans and thick, fuzzy socks. So I grab an extra cup of coffee and a blanket. I'm still not warming up. I jack the thermostat up a few degrees. Aahh... That helps a little.

Next thing I know, I'm asleep on the big chair in the living room. All warm and cozy under the fuzzy blanket. :) By the time I wake up, I actually feel warm. After my big, warm nap, I got a LOT done this afternoon and evening! I cooked dinner (you can all pick your jaws up), I did dishes (don't act so surprised!), and I completely cleaned off "The Thing". (What can I say? It was just too darn cold to go shopping tonight! The cold weather must've done something to my brain....)

"The Thing" is a little hutch *thing* in my dining room. It catches EVERYTHING - papers, pens, pencils, stamps, rubber bands, crayons, art projects, playdoh, paper clips, puzzles, photos.... You get the picture. I don't know how "The Thing" gets so full! I think the stuff that goes on there multiplies as it sits.... It took me 3½ hours to clean "The Thing". I don't think anyone will recognize it now. I bet nobody knew there was an actual piece of furniture under the pile of stuff!

Next stop, the tupperware cupboard. (Eek!!) But not tonight. Although, after having a nap today, I sure am awake now. Sigh. 6:30 is going to come awfully quick....

Currently, it's -1ºF with a windchill of -13º. Maybe I'll try the warm fuzzy blanket trick again.

1 Comments:

At 7:13 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

Its cold here too - what the heck happened to gently easing us into winter?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home