Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Spent the weekend shoveling

Is that supposed to be the grown-up version of playing in the snow? I'd rather build a snowfort.

We got 15 inches of snow starting Friday night. Half of it was on Friday night, so I got up Saturday and snowblowed and shoveled. I was actually enjoying myself. Then the other half came Saturday night, coupled with thunder, lightning, and high winds. Thundersnow is cool. And since I didn't have to go anywhere, the blizzard was cool too. Then Sunday I got to shovel more. I didn't enjoy myself so much that time. The snow was wetter and much heavier. And the snowplow left a pile in the end of my driveway that was 4 feet high and at least as wide. (It was equal opportunity - everyone got their own snow pile at the end of their driveway.) I enjoyed being snowed in this weekend though. It was a very relaxing way to end a stressful week.

My mom was discharged from the hospital on Friday. I actually got to talk to her. She sounded sooooo much better!!! It was good getting information directly from her and not filtered through her hubby.... We discussed that maybe in the future, she will authorize me to recieve medical info if she's ever in the hospital again. It turned out some of the info from her hubby was inaccurate. (In hindsight, I'm not surprised at that.) She was NOT jaundiced. She did NOT have a reaction to a medication. She was just infected. That's it. So they bypassed the oral route for antibiotics and gave them to her IV along with some fluids and *ta-da*! She's improved!

My friend, Medicine Man, has not heard a thing yet about his CAT scan results. To me, this is good news since I know that if it looks like something horrible, they call you ASAP.

Thanks to over-the-counter medication, my hoo-hah feels MUCH better.

And it turns out I was PMSing this weekend.... Go figure. Maybe I would've handled the stress better had the PMS not been part of it. I feel fine now. Thank you Cursingmama and Midlife Mutant for watching out for me. >smooch!<

I think I will celebrate now by taking a nap. :D

2 Comments:

At 12:33 PM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

I can't help myself - You're one of my favorite internet peoples.
So very glad you are feeling better - except for the strained muscles....

 
At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loverly

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home