Monday, January 15, 2007

I don't know what he wants me to do...

Frodo has a hard time falling asleep some nights. It makes me crazy. He'll lay in bed for all of nine minutes, then he'll come tromping out to the living room and announce that he can't fall asleep. So I march him back to the bedroom, telling him he hasn't tried long enough. He tries for about eleven more minutes and comes back to the living room. One time out to the living room is ok with me. A second trip? No way. Not unless you have a severed limb or your room is in flames.

"Go back to bed", I say.

"But I caaaaan't fall asleeeeep!", he whines. (My skin crawls when I hear whining.)

"Read. Do some deep breathing. Relax. But get yourself to sleep because 6:45am comes mighty early."

Stomp stomp stomp stomp stomp to the bedroom.

Ten minutes later, I can hear whimpering and the starting of crying from the bedroom. He's so lucky I have a vow of no physical violence.... ARGH! Just how does he think making me irritated is going to help him get some sleep?

It's now two hours since he first went to bed. He came out yet again a few minutes ago. I told him to put himself on the couch to sleep. Sometimes that works for me. If he's just feeling lonely, he's in for a big surprise when I go to bed shortly....

Maybe the clackety-clack noise of the typing will have lulled him to sleep.... I can only hope.

2 Comments:

At 1:11 PM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

Not assvice but, would a little radio noise help? I have a heck of a time falling asleep without some background noise. Of course I'm a spoiled adult & watch tv ;)

 
At 12:20 PM , Blogger KinnicChick said...

Keli had an awful time going to sleep as a kid... hmmm, let's revise this... Keli, my 18 year old daughter has always had an awful time going to sleep. For 18+ years. She simply doesn't like to be alone falling asleep with no noise happening. Sometimes it is a movie playing (frequently) and sometimes it is just having people around. When she was little, I spoiled the hell out of her reading aloud until she fell asleep. Books on tape were a big hit. Talk radio set to NPR went over big for a short time. Garrison Keillor on tape worked... I could go on. It's been 18+ years, after all. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home