Monday, March 26, 2007

Ohhhhhh Yeahhhhh!

Oh. My. Goodness.

The weather. It has been absolutely incredible the past couple days.

You can tell I'm a midwesterner - I talk about the weather. It's a major form of communication in this part of the country. We midwesterners will talk about the weather all the time with anyone. It's natural small talk. I think it's because we can be so darn polite and not discuss politics or current events with people such as the checker at the grocery store or the dental hygenist. We'll talk about the weather. It's safe ground. If it's been raining a lot, we'll comment about how much rain there has been and someone will eventually say how it's good for the farmers' crops. If it's cool, we'll comment on the refreshing temps and someone will eventually say how it's good for the farmers' crops. If it's sunny, we'll comment on how long it's been since we last had a clear day and someone will eventually say how it's good for the farmers' crops.

Oh. Maybe I've just let you in on the secret as to why midwesterners are so interested in the weather all the time....

Anyhow, the farmers have no crops in the fields right now, and I'm gonna tell you about the awesome weather.

Yesterday it was 76 and sunny. In March! I actually had to close some windows in my house because it was too humid. In March! Today, it was 80 and sunny. In March! Today, I wore shorts and sandals. In March! It's almost midnight and I have all my windows open because it is so nice outside. In March!

This feels so. darn. GOOD.

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

I feel like its time to start breaking in the new flip flops...how much do you wanna bet we get snowed on at least 1 more time?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home