Friday, August 31, 2007

Proud of Iowa!

I don't go around broadcasting the fact that I was born and (mostly) raised in Iowa. (Mostly because everyone starts asking me about what it was like growing up on a farm. I never lived on a farm!) But today, I can say I am proud to be from Iowa:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/08/30/iowa.samesexmarriage/index.html

******************************************

And I sit here just giggling my head off at the scenario Senator Larry Craig has himself wrapped up in right now. So much for Republican Family Values what with him, and Vitter and Foley. I bet many more of those right-wing senators are shaking in their boots hoping they aren't caught next.

*****************************************

After some really hot weather followed by some really soggy weather, we are finally being rewarded in the midwest with some beautiful weather. Upper 70s/low 80s, sunny, and NOT humid weather in the day with cooler nights. It's heavenly. Except for the hungry mosquitos. After all that rain, we have an explosion in the mosquito population. We've been spoiled in that respect this summer with the warm, dry weather. That is NOT mosquito friendly weather, and therefore, we've had very few. Now we have LOTS and they are HUNGRY. Let's hear it for eau de Deep Woods Off!

*********************************************

2 Comments:

At 7:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Iowa===2 thumbs UP
Senators (and other politicos) probably should be quaking for lots of reasons
Weather0-another 2 thumbs up!

 
At 9:15 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

I'm an Ultrathon girl myself when it comes to the bug stuff - I just really wish I wasn't going to need it this weekend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home