Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Interesting turn of events.

My sister's little one with the Lego up her nose? Ended up in the operating room to get it removed. It wasn't coming out and they didn't want it to stay there where she might inhale it. She's fine. No more Lego in the nose, and no hard feelings against the staff at the hospital.

I've made a note in my head that if it's an M&M, I will advise people to wait until it melts. Melts in your mouth and nostril, not in your hand!

****************************

About the braces Cursing Mama, I should have the orthodontist submit it to my health plan and see if they cover any part of it! (I doubt it, but it would be worth a shot.... It can't hurt to ask.) Although, my health plan is stupid and won't even pay for Frodo's allergy medicine, so we pay out of pocket for it - I can't imagine they would cover any part of the braces. But then again, they are so stupid, they just might....

***************************

It's a gorgeous night tonight - cool and not humid. I'm sitting here enjoying some quality 'puter time, and I hear a noise at the door. I walk over to the door and find a cat out there. It's a calico. (I will call her a 'she' from now on as nearly all calicos are female. Nifty little trivia!) She looks pretty young, but isn't a kitten anymore. She also looks pretty scrawny. She's meowing at my door as though she lives here and I might let her in.

I step outside to check on her. She rubs up against me and purrs and meows. I sit down and pet her. My kitty, the queen of the household does NOT approve of this, and lets me know. She hisses and hisses like I've never seen her hiss before. She's hissing so hard, she sounds like she's trying to hock a loogie. She's growling. Of course, she can act all big and tough - she's inside behind the screen door where she's comfortable, safe, and fed. She definietely does NOT have those motherly instincts you hear about in the news where a cat takes on the responsibility of raising a baby bunny or something.

I'm thinking this stray is awfully cute and sweet. If my kitty were not so averse to it, I would've considered keeping it. Even though she had all her claws, she was pretty filthy, and had some oozing sore under her chin....

I kept petting her for awhile. She was a very friendly cat. I decided the least I could do is offer her a bite to eat. I asked dh to bring out a small bowl of cat food. He brought a fairly large amount, lol. (I always say a good measure of a man's character is to watch how he treats an animal!) She dug into it as though she hadn't eaten in a week. (She probably hadn't.) I came back inside to allow her to eat in peace. And also to check on my own kitty.

I found my kitty sulking in the corner of the bedroom. She did not want to be touched. I tried to pick her up and pet her. She squirmed down, glared at me, and sulked off. I swear, she's like having a teenager in the house. I suppose it's "just a phase".

After the calico ate, she sat on the step for a few minutes. Then she just left. Now I'm feeling sort of used. I wonder if she'll call....

1 Comments:

At 11:49 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

I bet she'll be back again
and again
and will probably keep coming back until something keeps her from your door.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home