Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Farmer Takes A Wife....

Well, I must say "Farmer In The..." got my laptop back to me very quick. It was gone for a total of 68 hours. I kid you not. It left home at 2pm on Tuesday and was back by 10am on Friday.

During that 68 hours, my laptop got some cosmetic surgery done on it's spa trip. I have a functioning mouse button again. The screws on a loose hinge for the monitor were tightened. The stuck hard drive was removed and re-inserted to be removable. It had a diagnostics check done. And it came home with a note telling me all about it's trip.

The only downside about it's trip - it needed a brain transplant. I got the laptop back with the old hard drive in it. The note that came back told me that diagnostics showed the hard drive needed replacing due to it being defective. Fortunately, since I haven't had this laptop for long, I didn't have any photos or anything of the sort stored on it. So I got the new hard drive delivered, and performed the transplant surgery yesterday. It went well. Only minimal blood loss of some email addresses and favorites links. Little by little, those will get replenished. It's sort of nice to have very few items in my favorites folders. Sort of like spring cleaning without the dust!

1 Comments:

At 10:52 AM , Blogger Cursing Mama said...

Glad the trip went well & a new hard drive to boot - I'm getting a little jealous...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home