Monday, November 22, 2004

The Polar Express

I got to see the movie, "The Polar Express" today. I went with Frodo's class - actually, all the 1st and 2nd graders from his school saw it on a field trip and I got to chaperone. :) The teachers were reading the book to the kids last week, then letting them see the movie this week. Today and tomorrow they are going to compare the book and movie for similarities and differences. I was glad I got to chaperone and see the movie.

I really liked the movie overall. There were a few things I wasn't so crazy about - some of the animation was a bit *off* (I think it was just the technique that was used), and having Tom Hanks' voice for so many characters was sorta... well... irritating. Other than that, I loved this movie. I'm off tomorrow to buy a bell for our tree.

And tomorrow! Tomorrow I get to babysit my darling niece, Kate. She's 2½ yrs old and I think she's pretty darn cool. (Her big brother is a story for another day though. :-o ) So I'll take her shopping with me I think! Maybe she can give me some ideas of what to get her for a christmas gift....






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home