Monday, February 21, 2005

Oh shit.

I washed my camera. No, I didn't do it like it says in the owner's manual to take a barely damp soft cloth to the exterior.... It actually went thru a cycle in the washing machine.

Before you say, "what was she thinking?", I'll tell you I wasn't! And it's not like there were dirty photos on there that needed cleaning either!!! (Those are elsewhere, heh heh.)

Earlier in the day I had been to brunch with some friends. The place we were at allows smoking, and although none of us smoke, my coat still came outta there smelling like we'd each had a pack. When I got home, I emptied out all my pockets, but never made it to the washer. A little while later, I got out the snowblower and cleared the driveway and sidewalks while Frodo built a snowman. He wanted me to take a photo of him with the snowman. I got my camera, took a couple photos, and tucked the camera into my coat pocket. (You can already see where this is going! I'd make a terrible suspense writer, lol!)

We came in, ate dinner, and after I cleaned up dinner, I decided I'd better get started on that laundry! I grabbed my coat and didn't even check the pockets since I'd remembered emptying them earlier, and I could see the pocket contents right in front of me on the dining room table. And in the wash the coat went, with the camera still in the pocket.

At least I caught it before it had a trip in the dryer as well. I got the memory card out of the camera and let everything dry out overnight. I took the memory card to one of those self-service photo *thingys*, crossed my fingers and inserted it into the correct slot. The photos were still there! :)

The camera still won't work. I suppose had I been abused like that, I'd quit too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home