Monday, April 11, 2005

It's Spring!!!

Yesterday, hubby and I were watching Headline News. There was a story about all the snow in Denver. We decided it sucked to be them as we were sitting on the couch in shorts and t-shirts, with all our windows open, enjoying the flipside of this freakish spring.

In case I've never mentioned it, I hate housework. But strangely enough, I LOVE yardwork! This weekend I spent much of my time outside, enjoying the gorgeous weather. I cleaned up all my garden areas. I bought seeds for my veggie garden. I trimmed shrubs. I enjoyed the buds on all the plants and trees. I was out until it was too dark to see anymore. Last spring, I couldn't do this until Memorial Day weekend. What the heck has happened to the weather?!?!? All I know is that my snowblower is still in the garage with some gas in it, and I won't be putting it in the shed for a couple more weeks yet. I've used the lawnmower and snowblower in the same week before. I know better.

I got out and went for a hike today. I went to this pretty little park that is usually empty. As I hike up the trail, on my left is a steep bank covered with trees that leads towards a smallish river. Lots of oaks and pine trees in this area. At the trail end is a large open field with a picnic table and a fire pit. Then the trail loops back around through a prairie that I'm sure is just gorgeous in late summer with all the prairie flowers in bloom. Such a varied terrain in just 114 acres! As I reached back to my car, I could see a great blue heron standing on the shore getting his mid-morning meal. Such a majestic bird! And of course, I left my camera at home....

Anyone up for hunting some cats??? You might get your chance in Wisconsin if this becomes law. Maybe the next law will be for the dogs that shit along the sidewalk. Or the owners that won't clean up after them!

Tomorrow I get to go visit my drug dealer. We always have such pleasant little chats about boring shit. (Just gimme my Effexor prescription, dammit!!) Then tomorrow afternoon I have to go to an "enrichment" class for work. Our HR department has multiple "enrichment" classes and my supervisor has asked that all of us in the clinic go to two of them this year. Barf. I'm so NOT a meeting person and I'm done with school and have my degree for a reason. I don't wanna go to school anymore! The only reason I'm going is twofold: 1) It's part of my annual review and 2) I'm getting paid.

And speaking of getting paid, I recently got a raise! Just a little one - almost a dollar an hour! (As stingy as our company has been the past couple years with raises, this is the biggest one I've had in a LOOOOOONNNNGGGGG time!) It was for a "market analysis review" or some other mumbo jumbo crap like that I don't understand so I'm glad someone else has that job and not me. I guess *they* figured our company was on the low end of the scale in comparison to similar companies in the area, so they had to do a "market adjustment" so we all don't up and leave to go work somewhere they pay more. I'll take it! After 4 years, I've FINALLY caught up to what I was making before I started here. But that was the price to pay to work with an awesome doctor and to have set hours during the week instead of wacky evening and weekend and holiday hours!

I am just a ramblin' queen tonight! Good grief! Someone just tell me to shut up already!

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM , Blogger nenanars said...

yardwork is way more fun than housework...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home